Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Fall

I was stumbling, staggering, ready to fall,
when you came, a rock in the storm.
I clung to you, needing you every day,
An anchor to help me stand tall.
One day, though, the rock fell away into space,
and the ground was pulled out from beneath me,
I fell for forever, then landed in pain,
In a foreign and terrible place.
In this world there is blackness, true voidness of light
You must face all the things that go bump in the night.
So I'm here, in this gap, in this pit of despair.
No one sees me, to them, though, I never was there.
Invisible, no body ever did care
Just a face, no one saw me, or saw my true pain,
and now that I'm gone, bitter tears will not rain.
And no one will notice the day that I die
And for me, there won't be a person who'll cry.
So I sit in my blackness, alone, without friends.
Go one now, be gone now, achieve now your ends.
That's all that you care for, you're just like the rest.
But before you move on now, grant me one request:
Tell my friends that I love them, though they don't love me
Tell my foes to just open their eyes, and to see
Tell me best friend forever, forever is done.
Please, tell her, my hero, the only, the one
Who saw how I suffered, who saw how I cried
Please tell her I love her although I have died.
And to you, my dear reader, I leave you my life.
I leave you this tale of my struggle and strife.
move on now, and leave my to die in my peace.
And let me my sorrowful life now release.

No comments: